Elevate Your Wedding Experience: Creating Cozy Lounge Areas for Your Guests
One of the enduring trends we’ve noticed at events, and especially at weddings, is adding warm, inviting lounge areas. Beyond traditional seating arrangements, these cozy nooks offer a retreat for your guests, giving them a comfortable, beautiful space to relax, connect, and recharge.
1. Embrace the Space: We love open floor plans, and a unique way to add warmth and modernity is by incorporating open lounge spaces. Breaking up a large area with a cozy nook creates a warm and welcoming space for guests to unwind, share stories, and celebrate the event.
2. Casual Elegance: Whatever your wedding style, from informal garden parties to a more formal affair, lounge areas can help strike the perfect balance between casual and elegant. Couches and chairs can be found to match your style, with cushions and throws adding pops of color and warmth. Don’t forget to add some tables for guests to rest their drinks and plates.
3. Personalized Touches: Personal details, from framed photos to unique décor, infuse your love story into the spaces. Also consider placing your Guest Book to be signed in a lounge!
4. Small Living Room Vibes: Grouping seating around low tables creates a small living room setting, inviting connection and conversations – and a place to set down drinks and small plates.
5. Create Movement: Think of a lounge area as a station – guests will be encouraged to mix and mingle as they enjoy the different elements of your event, from food, to drink, to people.
6. Make Space For All Guests: Lounge areas can be especially important for guests who have accessibility needs as lounges provide a comfortable, beautiful space to rest and enjoy the company of others.
Including a lounge area into your wedding planning is a thoughtful way to enhance your guests’ overall experience and elevate your celebration. They’re easily customizable, and can add comfort, warmth, and increased connection for your guests.
For some inspiration, check out our gallery of some of our favorite (and guests’ favorite!) lounge areas.
Great Performances is thrilled to be selected as a 2021 winner of The Knot Best of Weddings, an accolade representing the highest- and most-rated wedding professionals as reviewed by real couples, their families and wedding guests on The Knot, a leading wedding planning and registry brand and app.
This is our fourth year of being recognized on The Knot and places Great Performances in The Knot Hall of Fame, a distinction reserved for exceptional wedding professionals who have earned four or more of The Knot Best of Weddings awards.
This year, The Knot Best of Weddings winners represent the top five percent of local wedding vendors listed on The Knot. There were 1,422 new inductees into The Knot Best of Weddings Hall of Fame for 2021, out of hundreds of thousands of local vendors featured on The Knot.
We’re delighted to share the news of the youngest members of our Great Performances family! Ali Ciafre, Assistant Director of Catering at The Plaza and Aya Mohamed Chef de Cuisine at Great Performances recently had beautiful daughters. We’re so excited to see the GP family grow and flourish, even during these challenging times.
INTRODUCING PERRY ELIZABETH
Our colleague Ali Ciafre and her husband Nick welcomed their first child, a happy and healthy baby girl named Perry Elizabeth into the world on September 16th. Perry was born 9lbs 1oz and 21in and is so loved by all around her!
Ali is Assistant Director of Catering at The Plaza, and has been a member of the team for just about 7 years.
INTRODUCING SORAYA YASMIN
Soraya was born on September 18, 2020 at 6lbs 5oz and 19 inches. Soraya is Aya Mohamed’s first born child, joining Aya’s two wonderful daughters from my husband, Gabrielle and Gizelle. #girldad She’s a very happy baby who is very attentive to the sound of music and her sisters’ voices. She’s a great cuddle and absolute joy to be with.
Aya can’t wait to get Soraya in the kitchen so we can all be cooking and eating together. This shouldn’t come as a surprise to those who know Aya (a GP chef de cuisine) and her husband Aaron (a GP freelance event chef) who met at Great Performances—“definitely a GP love match”—making Soraya a true GP baby!